Monday, June 12, 2006

Saipan Friends

My Special Korean Friends
This photo was taken a few months ago when I had dinner at Sallie and Sam's- not their real Korean names, but the only ones I can pronounce. We had a special dinner of hand-made fresh Spring Rolls in their small apartment at The Stanford with Sonia and Shin Young. It was quite an evening Sallie played her flute for us- we had to ask repeatedly, but she did and we sang along as she played of my favorite songs, "Amazing Grace." Sallie, Sam, Shin Young and her 2 daughters moved back to Korea last week and will pick up their lives where they left off before they moved to Saipan. I know they will really appreciate the markets now with fresh produce in Korea after living in Saipan.

One thing all of us will miss is the Saipan friendships we have made here...Much Happiness, Sallie, Sam, Shing Young, Julee, and Junyoung

1 comment:

Derek E. Baird said...

It's all about relationships! What great friends you've made in Saipan!