Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Travels of 2007- Back in the Pacific


I can't believe it's been so long since I have posted, it's been one long year since Andrew left the Pacific and moved back to the mainland.

I have been very busy this year with work and traveling. In January I traveled to Honolulu for grant training, in February to Tinian, in March to Guam, in April to Palau, in May to Hilo and back to the states for Trey and Dana's wedding, and some much needed vacation time. Then I went to Vancouver BC for the ED Media Conference and headed back to the Pacific the end of June. busy -busy- I never thought I'd get tired of traveling, but I did. I spent way too much time in airports and in uncomfortable plane seats. But on the other hand, the wedding went off without a hitch- which was a relief for Dana and her mom; it was great having Fallon visit and return to visit beautiful Palau; meeting new people and enjoying new places; and finding out how much more I need to learn about technology at the Ed Media Conference. For now, I'm glad to be back in the warm Pacific, enjoy the island breeze, and the magnificent sunsets.

In June Andrew joined the Coast Guard Reserve and is currently in boot camp in Cape May, NJ. He'll finish that segment of his life's journey August 10th and head back to VA and VCU to begin his final year there. So next post maybe he'll send me some pics that I can put up of him in uniform- or some pics of something he did fun this summer- if you call boot camp fun.

Signing off from the lone pacific rider...I will post again soon.

No comments: