Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Goodbye Dubai

Dubai is a fascinating city in many ways. I loved the opportunity to live there. The architecture, the cultural traditions of the Middle East, and the diverse population have a certain allure. Dubai calls to you at night to come out and play while all day you work long hours, but I did reap many rewards as a teacher in the UAE.

Still.... it's bittersweet memories I will take with me as I move up a step on the ladder in my life's journey.

The Burj Al Arabia ~ a Dubai legend


The view from my apartment window in Dubai on a 'not too busy' Friday

I loved this view; I was mesmerized by it night and day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sign me up for the trip to Sicily- I understand some folks who are directly responsible for this twig on my family tree are still there.
But if you could make it happen in the fall or spring that would be appreciated. Just returned from Tuscan & Paris trip 7/21.
Hottttt!! = to 42 degrees C.even by New Orleans standards.

Traveling is the ultimate education, it resurrects all those history dates you had to memorize in fifth grade. You told your mother you would never need to know that stuff again in your life. But it was great to be able to dig back in the hard drive history of your mind and put them all in perspective.
Keep us all informed of your whereabouts. "Where in the world is Maryanne Campo" (and Matt Lauer thought he was the only one who could play that game.
Love the stories keep them coming, Kim a.k.a. Mimsey